It’s the third week into the new year and my blog still hasn’t been updated. Sorry, very busy with…stuff. Ok, tis the time to make resolutions again. First, here’s a review of my 2006 plans and how I fared:
- Debt-free 2006 – Check. I’ve managed to fully eradicate my credit card debt. Wipee! Thanks to my super supportive boyfriend! Well, I still have some balance left, but that’s because of Christmas shopping and nothing else.
- Manage my finances well – Check. I’ve been frugal, buying only the things that I needed. And NO MORE ONLINE SHOPPING! CD Japan what?
- Study for JLPT level 1 – Not accomplished. I did try to study for the JLPT but I stopped even before March.
- Be a better penpal – Not accomplished. Sad.
- Take good care of my health – Check. I’ve been eating healthy and exercising whenever I can. I walk, walk, walk a lot.
- Find a new job. Not accomplished. Bren-duh was the reason why this item was in my to-do list last year. But she was fired so I never looked for a job.
- Go back to grad school – Not accomplished. Never had the time or the money for it.
- Get part-time jobs – Small check. I guess you can count my CD business as a part-time job.
For this year, I’d be keeping those that I wasn’t able to keep last year:
- Remain debt-free and keep on managing finances well
- Study for JLPT level – I already am!!
- Be a better penpal – I’ve already started with Miho and Ji Hye and I hope I can renew ties with my other penpals…if they still remember who I am
- Stay healthy
- Go back to grad school
- Continue to find ways to earn money – Translation, tutorials and what-have-you. I really think I should start earning money for the crafts I do. I can also enrol in seminars for home industries (I’d really like to learn sewing. Not just dressmaking, though. I’d like to learn how to sew bags, hats and other everyday items).
* * * * *
OK, it’s official: I’m going to start studying to be a Japanese teacher starting this year. ^_^ Wipee! Schatz and I dropped by the school on Saturday and we were able to discuss stuff with Betty-sensei. The teacher-training course is a 2-semester course aimed at enabling teachers to teach lessons 1-20 of the Minna no Nihongo series and with this, lesson plans, teaching methods and others. I’m really nervous, and excited at the same time. I found out from Sensei that Gail is going to be my classmate again. Hehe. After so many years, we’re reunited in the same class ^_^ Oh well. 一生懸命頑張ります！