The first team nacho night at Vernon’s apartment was a huge success. On Friday, we had nachos, roast chicken and tons of beer. We didn’t want anything that involved lots of cooking so we bought everything from SM Aura and the only complicated things were chopping up the tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Even the cheese was already grated 😀 The canned meat was already flavoured so we only had to heat it. Totally fuss-free. I ate so much that I was fighting to stay awake on the commute home.
Since then, all I could think about was nachos and tacos. I thought I’d buy a large jar of salsa and a bag of chips so I can always have my favourite treat at home. I didn’t realize how easy it was to make my own salsa until I found a recipe online.
Tonight, I decided to make one and it’s ridiculously easy that I almost didn’t want to post a recipe. 🙂 OK, here goes ~
You will need:
2 400 gram cans of whole peeled tomatoes (any brand)
1-2 pieces jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Juice from 1 lime
1 small red onion, chopped
Salt to taste
1. Drain tomatoes and put in blender.
2. Put in the rest of the ingredients.
3. Pulse to your desired consistency.
4. Adjust taste with salt.
5. Keep in the fridge for at least 24 hours before consumption to let the flavours mix well.
1. You can put in the tomato juice if you want your salsa to be a little runny.
2. Remove the seeds and membrane of the jalapeno to lessen the heat.
3. If you do not have lime, you can substitute lemon.
4. I used garlic sea salt to flavour the salsa. For substitute, 1-2 chopped garlic cloves will do.
5. Do not handle jalapenos with bare hands! Use rubber gloves or forks (as in my case).