Yesterday, I took the day off from work because of a very bad headache. It was a hellish commute home on Tuesday night because of the downpour. “Carmageddon” on EDSA and…basically everywhere. I live in Taguig, a mere 3.4 km away from my workplace and it takes me forever to get home during a rain. Shitty reality of living in this country.
Anyway, I was alone at home and realized I didn’t have anything to eat. I didn’t want to go out and buy food because I felt too sick. Then I remembered wanting to try making salted egg pasta; it looked easy and substantial enough for a meal. Photo credit: Wikipedia
I am a fan of these eggs. I love them mixed with chopped tomatoes. Sometimes, I mix both in hot rice. No need for anything else. 🙂
I read a few recipes before but I was winging it (again) because I didn’t have many ingredients to work with (nor do I want to). Here is the lazy girl, easy version of the salted egg pasta recipe.
You will need:
- Spaghetti, 1 serving, cooked per package directions
- 1 salted egg
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cooked and peeled shrimps, about 10 pieces (optional)
- Bacon bits (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Slice open the egg and scoop out the yolk and white parts. Mash together using a fork.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion until onion is translucent.
- Add the mashed egg, butter and milk. Mix thoroughly and heat through.
- Add shrimps and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Toss in cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese and bacon bits.
Total emergency dish! I love love love it. It is not too salty for me, even with the bacon. Also, I used soy milk (lactose intolerance problems) but the taste was fine. Some people use cooking cream but I never have it on hand.
And yes, that is the Gryffindor logo on my plate.