Yesterday I was craving for Kenny Rogers’ potatoes with sour cream and chives. I realize I could just buy it from Market Market but I decided to challenge myself and make one from scratch!
It’s quite good, if I may say so myself. But the taste is not the same as Kenny’s. Not sure how theirs is done. I checked out different recipes on the net then tweaked the process a bit – because I don’t like following recipes to the letter 🙂
You will need: (3 side servings)
1/4 kilo baby potatoes, scrubbed clean
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp chopped chives
Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s get cooking!
1. Boil the potatoes in a saucepan until fork tender. Drain and dry.
2. In a bowl, thoroughly mix sour cream, yogurt and chives.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Gently toss in the potatoes until well covered.
5. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Eat everything!
See? It doesn’t take up a lot of time and effort. I love it when I get it right the first time. It makes me look like a genius, eventhough I am an absolute cooking noob. 🙂 I will try this again but will substitute something else for the yogurt.