This year, I was able to cross off two items from my Adventure Bucket List:
– Stand up paddle (SUP) boarding in Boracay
– Mermaid swimming in Boracay – GAAAAAAD! One of the most awesome things I did this year and I will do it again and again and again! I suppose I need to learn scuba diving soon and then free diving so I can learn how to hold my breath underwater for a longer time. Just like my favourite mermaid, Kat Felton.
Here she is, swimming with dolphins. I must have watched this dozens of times (no exaggeration). She is so graceful. And how can she keep her eyes open underwater like that!
I still have quite a long list and here are some of the things I want to do in the near future:
1. Cliff diving at Ariel’s Point, Boracay – Ariel’s Point is closed during the months of July to October because of strong winds and rains. To attempt cliff diving at these times is very dangerous.
2. Swimming with the whale sharks in Donsol, Sorsogon or Oslob, Cebu – They say there are more whale sharks in Donsol but there are less people in Oslob, and that fishermen in Oslob feed the whale sharks regularly so you can always see whale sharks at all times of the year. You know what could be more awesome? If I could swim with the whale sharks while wearing a mermaid tail!! Not exactly original, but it is awesomeness on fins!
3. Flyboarding / hydrojet surfing at Boracay – It kinda looks like how Iron Man flies, but with water. I didn’t have much time left in Boracay to do this but I will definitely try this soon!
4. Hoverboard at Boracay – This is run by the same company as the flyboarding thing. The mechanics/physics behind it is pretty much the same, except you are on a contraption that resembles a skateboard.
5. Sandboarding at Ilocos – Cindy did this and she looked like she had lots of fun. Can’t wait to do this myself!
6. Kiteboarding in Boracay – this is one of those things that are more difficult than they look. In my last Boracay trip, the winds were so strong that the kiteboarders were going really fast. I am not sure if I am strong enough and if my arm bones will not pop out of their sockets as I try to hold on to the kite. Still, bucket list material. Get swept off your feet…then land on your face. YOLO 🙂
7. Boogie boarding at Bagasbas – I tried to look for inexpensive body / boogie boards online but no one was selling at a good price. It is not as popular as surfing, but I think it looks pretty cool. I enjoyed watching people do basic tricks on Youtube and I cannot wait to try these out for myself. Besides, Bicol + waves = count me in!
8. Flying trapeze school in BGC – because you never know when you get the urge to join the Cirque du Soleil
9. Sandbox Adventure Park at Porac, Pampanga – with attractions like the Roller Coaster Zipline, Giant Swing, Aerial Walk, and ATV rides, this is the playground for fun-loving and adventurous adults like me!
10. Parkour / Ninja school – Train to be a ninja like the Iga and Kouga clans in this unique school